Our Energy Efficient Homes
The benefits of owning a newly built home are endless. But day in and day out, one of the top benefits is definitely energy efficiency. From better materials to superior insulation, DeLuca homes are designed to be extraordinarily efficient. You save more money and energy because we put more time and energy into our homes from the beginning.
Here are a few ways that DeLuca homes are more efficient than other homes.
Energy Efficient Features in DeLuca Homes
- HERS Ratings. We ensure efficiency and quality in every home with HERS Ratings completed by a third party. We also participate in the PECO rebate program that offers 20% energy savings when compared to the current 2015 IECC model code home.
- Better insulation. We use 2×6 framing to build our homes, which allows for a higher insulation R-Value (R-21) in all above grade walls. Blown-in attic insulation of R-38 provides a continuous layer of insulation above the trusses, which results in decreased heating and cooling costs, and increased comfort for you and your family.
- Low-E glass windows. Our low-E glass windows work to minimize the amount of ultraviolet and infrared light that comes in through the glass while reducing heat loss — making sure our homes are always protected and warm.
- Smart features. Our homes have features that improve energy efficiency, like programmable thermostats. You don’t even have to think about it – the thermostat learns your habits and sets itself. Enjoy year-round comfort with an energy-efficient feature that makes life easier and more convenient.
- Air sealing. All ambient walls are built with a six-sided air barrier to prevent air leakage, and all penetrations to unconditioned space are sealed with caulk or foam. All of our homes meet respective energy code requirements by third party verification of the infiltration through a blower door test.
- Lennox® gas furnace. This energy-smart furnace provides optimal warmth and comfort — and savings on your energy bill. When you and your family are cozy and warm, you’ll feel as comfortable as possible.
Light fixtures. All of the light fixtures in our homes are equipped with LED bulbs, and are verified by a third party through the HERS rating system.