How to Choose the Right Community for Your Family
You’ve started your new home search but aren’t entirely sure how to find the right community.
Choosing the right home for your family isn’t just about having the adequate number of bedrooms and bathrooms. It’s about checking off everything on your wishlist that’s important to your family and fits your living style.
From location and amenities to education and recreation, finding the perfect home is all about getting the complete package. With these three unique DeLuca communities – The Crossings at Creek Run, Yardley Preserve and The Reserve at Manor Lane – to choose from, you are sure to find the right one for your family.
The Crossings at Creek Run, located off West Main Street in the historic Borough of Trappe in Montgomery County, is perfect for growing families. Tucked away on a quiet, tree-lined street, it features 22 single family homes, and is near highly-ranked Perkiomen Valley schools, several local parks, and a variety of employment centers in Philadelphia, Montgomery and Chester counties. Homes are priced from $694,900.
Located on the corner of Dobry Road and Oxford Valley Road in Yardley, Bucks County, Yardley Preserve is a 55+ community featuring the maintenance-free lifestyle, peace of mind and privacy that empty nesters and retirees crave. These low-maintenance homes include modern, stylish features and all-new systems. Close to major highways, including Route 1 and I-295, as well as everything in Bucks County, the world is just outside the door. Homes are priced from $587,400.
The Reserve at Manor Lane is a private community in Yardley, minutes from everything in Bucks County. Tucked into lush greenery, this intimate neighborhood of just 11 modern townhomes is the perfect mix of location, lifestyle and thoughtful design. Located on the corner of Sutphin Pine Road and Yardley-Morrisville Road, it is convenient to shopping, dining, and major highways, including Route 1 and Route 13. Homes are priced from $804,220.
Below is a checklist to help you make the decision about what community fits your family best.
- LOCATION. Is it close to your job? Is the commute going to be a nightmare? Can the kids walk to school? How close are the shopping centers, restaurants, medical facilities, parks, etc?
- PRODUCT & PRICE. Are you looking for a single family home on a spacious lot or a low-maintenance townhome with an HOA? Do you need flexible space? An in-law suite? A home office? How much home can you afford? What kind of mortgage are you qualified for?
- SCHOOLS. Is it in a good school district? Are there private schools nearby? How far away are the schools? Does the school district have honors/gifted/special ed programs? Are there other resources like counseling services? Special assistance programs? After-school programs and sports that the kids will love?
- NEIGHBORS. Do you want a close-knit group or do you want your privacy? Are there other kids for your kids to play with? Is there someone to take after-dinner walks with and share car-pooling?
- GO WITH YOUR GUT. Is your little voice telling you “YES!”, but your logical brain is only saying “Maybe”? Hard decision time. You can make a list of pros & cons, or you can listen to your gut. Chances are, if your instincts are saying this is the place, then it’s probably just what you’re looking for!